Sunday, October 18, 2015

Defining Happiness

Today in a discussion with Biplab da, we came across the questions what is the purpose of life?

What is the purpose of life?
Well there are generally two aspects to life that I find people defining. personal and professional.

So professionally it is to have some area of interest where I develop my knowledge and once I attain certain degree of expertise, pass on the knowledge to others you want to pursue that area.

Personally, it is about providing the support and care to others just like I need from others.touch the lives of someone in a positive way.

What is happiness??
We talked about a comfortable life and having a good family.

Now to me that sounds so cliche. I asked isn't a comfortable life a life void of challenges? what is the fun in life if there are no challenges.

To me happiness is living life with utmost confidence, without fear and with the confidence that I can act the best way possible in a given situation.

From my experience in life, it is about being unperturbed in any situation and have a balanced mind to be in control of myself in any situation.

This brings me to the conclusion that happiness is about imbibing the four qualities of a Bodhisattva in every moment of our lives.

1) Courage: Be fearless
2) Wisdom : learn about the world around you
3) Compassion : Feel for and understand every being around you
4) Life Force : Be full of energy that you can transmit to others in any situation

जितनी भी कोशिष करलो , लाइफ में कुछ न कुछ तोह छूटेगा ही, तोह जहां हो वहीँ का मज़ा ले लो।


No comments:

Post a Comment