Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Missing out on the details

As far as I remember, as a kid I had a pretty sharp memory. I could remember all the conversations I used to have with others and could quote them as and when required. But then I am an intuitive person and thus as I grew up I started banking more on generalizations rather than on specifics. I grew up thinking that there is there are instances that I observe which would guide my intuition and help me take quicker decisions. But in the process I realized that I started banking on my intuition to such an extent that I restrained my brain from making observations that were feeding my intuitive functions.

Today, I was reading about this technique of providing feedback

http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/situation-behavior-impact-feedback.htm

It stuck to me that maybe I had an ability that I just let go to waste, rather than develop on it. :(

This also helps me understand what might have stimulated the kind of mindlessness that I tend to exhibit on a daily basis. Not exercising my brain enough on a daily basis.

This is where the struggle is!!! Lets get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment