Wednesday, May 11, 2016

to the job that pays the rent....

I was just watching "Devil wears Prada" and this thought came into my head.
There are so many times that I crib about what I do. but, I even wonder if I am doing it for a living or am I just moving in an auto pilot mode. I mean I have been told and I myself have told others that they should always have a job and a place to go to everyday. Thus I need a job and that too of a certain amount in the paycheck to validate that I am doing what I am supposed to do.
But if it is an end it self.
NO.
So it is a means to an end.
 yes.
So to what end?
I don't know exactly, but I will understand in due course of time.
So basically what I am saying is that I have spent 6 years into my career and I still have no clue about what I am working towards.
When I discuss this with my parents, I think they would mention that I am working towards buying a place to stay and moving in with them. But then that is just so generic a statement. I mean the whole world around me is trying to that. It is a financial comfort zone. But mostly people who do invest in property, do so when they have some lumpsum amount to invest. So yeah the savings that I am doing now will contribute to that down payment. But still would that be an end in itself? I know not. I mean most of who I know have invested in property are heavily burdened by the mortgage and EMIs. It is that pressure that drives them to do better the workplace. So really, is it worth it? Am I just trying to create a legacy/asset for the generations to come when I am unsure of the sustainability of the present economic structure.

Till I am able to figure all this out in my head, here's to the job that pays the rent and bills...

No comments:

Post a Comment