Sunday, February 14, 2016

Pickpocketed

Well it happened eventually after all these years. While boarding a train from Dadar, someone picked my pocket. And then ensued the process of blocking all the cards and finding the police station to lodge an FIR etc.
Thereafter, I met my friend to get money to go back home. Then, I decided to take a walk on marine drive and watch the sunset and then I went to kala ghoda festival.

Amongst all this, I felt some kind of comfort for not having any money in my pocket. I mean I realized that when I have money my mind constantly thinks about the thing is see people selling and I keep calculating in my mind whether I would like to buy it or not. Just the fact that someone is selling something puts me in a decision making mode. :( I can imagine how taxing it is on my brain given that I hardly spend anything on buying anything for myself.

So today as I moved around, I didnt have any money/cards in my pocket and thus my mind neednt think constantly about everything I saw and making a judgement about the necessity of that thing in my life.

I know doesnt sound like much, but it was a very interesting realization that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment